Thursday, February 3, 2011

oh this bitter cold....

In the middle of my shower, this morning, right after I lathered up real good, the water pressure drizzled to a stop after having turned an icy cold. GGGRRRRR!!!! I now know for certain that I have had just about enough of this crazy cold weather. When I got up this morning about 10 to six, I expected the pipes to be frozen shut. We had set up the coffee pot before bed with water in the reservoir in anticipation of it. Before I even got into the shower, I had done the morning dishes (plenty of water then) and brushed my teeth (again, no problem). It just took getting naked to have the pipes once again freeze, not at all like my temper.
Tom has taken Kaylanne, Izzy, Kyle and the Jr. to scour the local second hand stores in hopes of finding an acceptable vacuum cleaner, maybe even a coffee table and dare we to dream of a working laundry duo? Kaylanne's move to Gulf Shores, Alabama is now complete. Her Grandfather, Dad and brother did the moving after she had packed it all. I stayed in Gulf Shores at the campground with Izzy and we snuggled and watched Toy Story 3; it was the first time I've seen her sit, enraptured, throughout the whole movie.
After the foursome had finished carrying all of the furniture and boxes to the little two bedroom apartment, Izzy and I joined them for a quick visit so she could see her new digs then all of us returned to the camper for a dinner of Asian inspired chicken salad, filled with mandarin oranges, pineapple, tender chunks of roast chicken and crunchy bits of Red Delicious apples, tossed with spring mix salad greens and ginger dressing...I also added a generous pour of raspberry vinaigrette...and then topped each serving with some crisp Chinese noodles. So easy, so yummy and a crowd pleaser to boot.
Please keep our adventurous grand-daughter in your prayers as she searches for a job this week. I have every confidence that she will be fine and there are many opportunities down here, I just pray that she finds something that she finds rewarding and lucrative.
Sunday we plan to begin her search for a 'home' church and hopefully a great pre-school for Isabella. We've been trying to convince her that it would benefit her to get accustomed to using the "big girl potty" so she can begin school. She likes the idea of school, but I've yet been able to see that translate itself into her commitment to getting out of diapers. At just a little over two years old, I'm thinking she should be about ready, but then again it's a pretty personal issue.
For some reason I seem to be procrastinating on finishing Izzy's 'baby blanket' that I started when I first heard that Kaylanne was pregnant...nearly three years now??? I've made scarves, hats, headbands and flowers this year until I've just about depleted my yarn reserves, yet I still have her blanket in my 'project' bag, awaiting the last few touches. There has to be some psycho-babble reason for this, but I'd just be making it up if I were to explain it myself. Oh well, I guess that's about it in a nutshell.

4 comments:

  1. wow my first ever blog read and a great one it is !
    I am feeling my usual guilt and lonesimness at not being a real grandparent.
    my fault my job to fix...ho humm i am really just a lazy person.I guess i should be self centered...i have heard that in theapy for years,years ago.....
    enoght about me...

    this blog thingy is kewl,i hope i dont get addicted to it too...lol

    how far are you from the gulf?

    fishing fishing fishing...i will prolly never get around to doing it.
    I have a boat now and no rods and reels...lol

    22 ft pontoon when you guys come out here Carol and i have over 400miles of shoreline.
    From Parker Dam to Laughlin Nevada.
    and room for 10 peeps on board
    yikes i have to select a profile to post this ah geesh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. well in a nutshell you are even good there...lol

    never knew that,or at least dont remember it.
    Saturday is Carols birthday she would be tickled pink If she recieved an email from you about it on Sat.

    (66)
    but i did not tell you.

    and maybe one from that Grandaughter with a ps i luv u too gramps...lol

    oh so selfish ,iam

    well your blog is in my fav's on here so i will see and read more later dinner time here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed!! The Asian inspired chicken salad sounds scrumptious!! Put that on your menu for my visit!! LY

    ReplyDelete
  4. date night, yeah! good for you guys. sounds like you picked a good one.

    ReplyDelete