Sunday, August 26, 2012

Come on Issac....we're waiting for you

Well, this will be our first encounter with a hurricane since we've been at our condo in Gulf Shores. Eric called this morning to talk to Tom about our readiness....you know, chainsaws, fuel, generators...stuff we no longer have to be concerned with. All we need to do is bring the plants in off of the balcony, find somewhere to park the vehicles that is most likely to be safe from debris and leave the rest to God. We're on the second floor of a three story building so we don't need to worry about flooding or losing the roof. Yesterday I stocked up on fresh fruit, vegies, milk and cereal just in case the power goes out. I'm really not worried, we can walk to almost anywhere if all hell breaks loose. Eric is the one with real hurricane experiences. He survived Katrina and his little house is still standing. I figure if Kaylanne and Izzy get frightened, they'll come and we can all hang out and play cards or dominos. So....anyone out there following the storm and reading this, knowing we are in the path of Issac's landfall, also know this, we are in good hands. I'm actually kind of looking forward to watching the drama unfold. God has brought us this far and I have every faith that the ride will continue long after the last breeze of Issac has stilled. We shall see. As I have just "proofed" this by re-reading it; I have to admit a little bubble of anxiety popped...I hope I'm not tempting fate here. It would be a real hoot if this was my last entry.

1 comment:

  1. I bet your hubby is feeling a little more anxious than you. Katrina is still fresh on our mind. So we have the generators, powersaws, and everything else ready. Much more prepared this time.
    ---Christina

    ReplyDelete