Friday, July 20, 2012

I've just been poking around in my blogger account and found all of the comments my readers have made over the years. Huh, I never knew. Thank you all for your interest. I hope I haven't disappointed you too greatly for my months of silence. We were back at the beach condos today getting #306 ready for a guest expected on the 26th. Still no work being done on poor little #305! We're waiting to hear from the insurance guy. Things seem to move so slowly when I'm trying to get something done around here. I'm beginning to think all of these condominium complexes are run by a bunch of crooks. We have had two experiences buying condos down here and both times we've run in to these big jerks that are kind of self appointed KINGs of the HOA and they pretty much do whatever they want. Whenever someone questions them, they shout and tell you to do away. Since I am retired, I have nothing better to do than just keep shaking their cages and watching them stomp and holler before giving it another shake. It's my entertainment these days. Not that anything is being accomplished by it all....I am still frustrated by the lack of forward motion in getting improvements and needed changes. BUT, they are painting the building and stairwell which are a couple of things on the top of my list. Tonight I fixed a beautiful piece of halibut that Tom brought home from his trip to Alaska. Pretty simple actually, I sprinkled the filets with a season mixture I had made while Eileen was here, (fresh lime zest, finely chopped fresh cilantro, Hawaiian salt, chili powder and garlic powder) and patted the fish with sliced almonds then plopped it down into the electric skillet that I had melted butter and a drizzle of olive oil in. Lid on, 4 to 5 minutes per side...only 9 minutes total, onto warm plates and a spoonful of rice-a-roni (the San Francisco treat!) on the side and dinner was ready! So incredible! The meat of the fish was wonderfully white and firm and perfectly cooked. I ate all of mine...and yes, Tom ate all of his. I've been scoping out the roadsides while I drive around hoping to find a nice unattended banana palm to steal a leaf from. I've been wanting to bake some of the halibut wrapped in banana leaves, maybe season with a little soy sauce, ginger and brown sugar teriyaki style and have it with some nice steamed rice and sweet coleslaw with apple and carrot. Sheesh, I'm still full from dinner yet sitting here salivating at the thought of more of that gorgeous North Pacific treasure. Spoiled little piggy...that's me! OK...enough rambling. I will try to be more dedicated to writing, even if it has no real meaning to the rest of the world. Email me if you read this, please. I'm curious to know if I've lost the few who once read my babblings.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha "It's my entertainment these days" so funny. You Go Momma Nash! Go get em!! And that dinner sounds amazing. I didin't know you could cook with banana leaves. So great.

    ReplyDelete